Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bug Eyed

No, that's not the mug of a prize fighter. It's just the capricious swollen face of our bug-bitten grinning son. Everytime picture day at daycare rolls around, something nasty happens to Xavier's face. Last spring it was a pretty rough case of pink eye. This time it's a bug bite on his lower eye lid. This isn't the first time we've documented an unprovoked mosquito attack on our son, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I just hope the swelling stops before we have to cash in his Halloween costume for an eye patch and some pirate garb.

"Hey dad, what's wrong with your face?"



A trip down memory lane: Last spring, Mom and Xavier, stoic with pink eye.



"Hah, bite me all you want. In two days I'll have a little swelling, but you'll be dead. Oops, nevermind, dad just smashed you on the wall."



Still handsome.



"I've got blisters on me eyelids!"



"I coulda been a contender!"

No comments:

Post a Comment